Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Death and Life



Well, there was a sad day last week when Daryl's surgery on my vacuum turned into an autopsy. It was a quick death, a couple of sputters and it died, never to suck again. This was last Wednesday. It was decision time, do we buy another upright or do we make the plunge and install a central vac. With much research and asking many people of their opinions, we opted for the central vac with a couple of stipulations from me. It must suck as well or better than my old upright, AND I must have the kickplate in the kitchen to suck away all crumbs and dust. So, it has come to be. Daryl spent the whole day yesterday installing everything and late yesterday evening, my carpets are once again clean (ish), they need a real carpet cleaning this spring. I am happy to say, it sucks and I've swept my kitchen floor about 5 times today, just to see dirt disappear from under my cupboard.

No comments: