Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Summer Vacation




I'm sure most of you have given up checking this site. I've had a request to blog, so here it is.
Summer has pretty much come and gone, and in 8 short days the girls are back to school. Becky changes schools this year so at least 2 of us have a few butterflies about it. It feels like yesterday she was wearing her little dress and I was holding back tears dropping her off for her 1st kindergarten day. Time marches on!
Jenny's routine changes too as we/I can't be at 2 different schools at the same time so she is taking the school bus. She thinks it's great, I'm not about to burst her bubble.
Daryl and I went on a business trip (for Daryl)to Vegas and a highlight for me was going to the Grand Canyon. I prefer God's natural made sights to the really loud and bright lights of Vegas. Vegas was good, a relaxing vacation spot it was not. The pictures are of our Grand Canyon tour. The first photo is of the new glass walkway they have built 4000 feet above the Grand Canyon floor. We were not allowed to take camera's on it and had to wear booties over our shoes not to scratch the glass. Very cool. 2nd picture is pretty much all I saw of Daryl for the next couple of hours. And the 3rd is self taken which is pretty obvious! Our tour included stopping at the Hoover Dam on our way back, but we didn't linger very long there as it was 118 degrees in the shade, and the only place where there was some humidity in Nevada.
It's good to be back at home and I'm enjoying every last morning we can sleep in.

No comments: