Saturday, September 22, 2007

Sept happenings

Well, we are thick into the swing of school again. The transition for Becky seems to have gone smoothly. She hasn't complained about the 6AM(ish) wake up from Daryl as her carpool picks her up just after 7. She's lovin the tuba and is making some new friends. Friendships take time, and I'm sure we'll be hearing about more in the future. Jenny gets on the school bus at 8:15, so she gets to sleep til 7:30 when I send Milo in to wake her up. (he's very good at it) This week I start facilitating with nursing students at the hospital. It will be a learning experience for us all! I am looking forward to it. I got the flu this last week, so I should be healthy for the next couple of months. I had forgotten how lousy one can feel when you have the flu. I actually watched 2 episodes of Dr.Phil...shows you I didn't want to move. I just need to get rid of what feels like a hairball in my lung, it's causing me to cough and also causing me to go a little crazy. I bought cough syrup today, my last experience with cough syrup cause me to toss my cookies (well, I actually drank it from the bottle in a desperate act at 4AM, so I may have taken a tad too much) so I have a slight aversion to it now.
I also cleaned out our veggie garden. Some relief that I don't have to go back for anything else. It was good to us, many a tomato sandwich consumed this fall, (bacon and cheese is my favorite). Maybe we should try carrot sandwiches now!
We also are a 2 car family. We went for 18 years with one vehicle...(ahhh, my 1st car, a rust colored Acadian...good times). With my crazy schedule with 2 jobs and carpooling and trying to get the girls to clubs, music, youth and school events, we have taken the plunge and are driving a new to us 1996 Honda Accord. Yup, I knew you'd all be jealous! It's quite functional and it gets me to where I need to be. It actually belonged to Daryl's folks and we convinced them to sell it to us.
Well, that's pretty much the excitement of our house. Daryl continues to work on the basement. I've primed some walls, that's progress! I don't want to hope for a date that it will be done, I've been disappointed already, so I will just say it's progressing in the right direction.

1 comment:

John and Charlene Wieler said...

Time for an update - you are no longer 30 something and we're a long way from September (at least the last one) :)

Charlene